Sunday, June 11, 2006

ESWC 2006 Update v2.1
Final Release

OK. The All India Finals got over yesterday. I didn't do very well.Atleast, not as good as on the two days before. But I knew it wasn't going to be a cake walk anyway. But I'm happy I made it that far, without any practice and preparations, which are so very necessary before such a professional outing.
But I'm happy nonetheless. I always wondered what it would be like to feel, watching the ESWC and WCG events taking place abroad every year, all those huge screens and loud music ( I assumed that, correctly), people cheering for their favourites, the adrenaline rush, the lights, the sight & sound of guns and cars and creatures(I'd like to be short & precise, so that might do it for here).... finally had a hands-on experience. Mightn't have been that grand, but was great. Also I'm happy that some really talented guys are gonna represent India on the world arena, and that really is satisfying. Hope these guys perform really well there.

On the more brighter side, I made some good friends, got to have a look at really cool accessories ( I only thought that pro gamers from abroad used them, but hell! all the top 5 guys had the latest piece of hardware. I felt a bit outdated there, to be precise. And ofcourse, during the matches, out-played and out-performed). And I won myself an extra of those GeForce 7300 GS GPU by answering the in-between quiz conducted by the admins. All in all I'm really happy about the gaming prospect in India catching up fast, and with proper advertisement & corporate backing it's gonna rock in a few years time.

Beware you Ruskis, we're soon gonna kick all your white dumb *ss for sure. ;)




PS - The question I got right was " What is the highest High Definition (HD) resolution supported by an nVIDIA QUAD SLI system?"
I talked about the QUAD SLI system here. The more inquisitive can find the answer at the relevant website.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home